Hello guys, welcome to your educational and career help desk. Here you will find all about gate entrance exam 2014 and paper pattern. Today many students are filling online application form for gate aptitude test (GATE) 2014. The application fee is 1500 for general/OBC candidates and 750 for reserved and female candidates.
Today, GATE Entrance examination became tougher and due to large no of unemployment there are very few vacancies for selected students in gate according to appeared students in the exam. So, every candidate, who is going to appear in the coming examination, working hard on each portion of the syllabus.
The GATE Paper Pattern 2014 gives the candidates an idea of the type of questions to expect, duration of the exam and all such related information about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2014.
Details about Paper pattern for Gate 2014:
- Gate 2014 will be conducted by IIT-kharagpur.
- All Papers will be online.
- There will be only one paper per branch. Nothing like main and advance exam.
- There will be 2 buffer sessions. In case, due to technical failure exam cannot be conducted properly, this buffer session can be used.
- All Papers will be conducted within span of a month. No fixed date for all.
- In the computer based Online Examination, the candidates will be required to answer the questions that appear on a computer connected to a server on a Local Area Network (LAN).
- All exams will be conducted on Saturdays and Sundays. Time-slots decided are 9 to 12 and 2 to 5.
- Exams will be conducted in around 200 cities covering most of well-known cities of India.
- GATE 2014 will be held for 22 papers as listed below in the table.
- Candidates can apply for one paper only and therefore are advised to choose a paper corresponding to the discipline of the qualifying degree.
- There will be two types of questions in all GATE 2014 Papers – multiple choice and numerical type.
- The GATE 2014 Exam Paper will be for 3 hours of duration with 65 questions for 100 marks
List of GATE 2014 papers and corresponding codes:
Name of Paper and Paper code
- Aerospace Engineering- AE
- Agricultural Engineering-AG
- Architecture and Planning-AR
- Civil Engineering- CE
- Chemical Engineering- CH
- Computer Science and Information Technology- CS
- Chemistry- CY
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- EC
- Electrical Engineering- EE
- Geology and Geophysics- GG
- Instrumentation Engineering- IN
- Mathematics- MA
- Mechanical Engineering- ME
- Mining Engineering- MN
- Metallurgical Engineering- MT
- Physics- PH
- Production and Industrial Engineering- PI
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science- TF
- Engineering Sciences- XE
- Life Sciences- XL
- Ecology and Evolution- EY
GATE 2014 XE Paper Sections and code
- Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)- A
- Fluid Mechanics- B
- Materials Science- C
- Solid Mechanics- D
- Thermodynamics- E
- Polymer Science and Engineering- F
- Food Technology- G
GATE 2014 XL Paper Sections and Code
- Chemistry (Compulsory)- H
- Biochemistry- I
- Botany- J
- Microbiology- K
- Zoology- L
- Food Technology- M
GATE 2014 Exam Pattern:
- Online Computer Based Test
- A single paper with 65 total questions
- Maximum marks are 100
- Questions will be multiple choice as well as numerical type
- 10 questions will be on General Aptitude carrying 15 marks
- General Aptitude- 15% Marks
- Engineering Math- 15% Marks
- Subject of Paper- 70% Marks
Total No. of Questions 65:
- Five 1 mark questions, five 2 mark questions for General Aptitude
- Twenty-five (25) 1 mark questions and thirty (30) 2 mark questions for Engineering Math and Subject of Paper.
GATE Exam 2014 Schedule:
- Starting date of Online Application- 2nd September 2013
- Last Date for Enrolment – 1st October 2013
- Last Date of online application-3rd October 2013
- Last Date for the receipt of Print-out form with documents-10th October 2013
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City- 20th November 2013
- Availability of Admit Card-1st January 2014
- Date of Online Examination-Between 1st February and 2nd March 2014
- Announcement of Results- 28th March 2014
Time table of examination:
Paper code XY:
- Session-1: 09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
- Session-2: 2:00 PM to 5:00PM
- Session-3: 09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
- Session-4: 2:00 PM to 5:00PM
How to Prepare:
If you are looking for start preparing I would ask you to start looking into aptitude and moths first as they are expected to be part of GATE in both the case. Have an eye on GRE aptitude and math sections in your free time. Do start looking into basics of core subjects too.
For more details visit below links: