How someone Cracked GATE?
Hi student, Welcome to myeduwiki.com. Here we will discuss about GATE 2014 first and after top 15 tips and tricks to crack gate entrance exam 2014. In order to get admission in M.E. / M.Tech the examination that holds significant importance on national as well as international level is GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) .You need to qualify GATE for admission in post-graduation programmes with good score. GATE is an All-India examination that holds high significant and is conducted in eight zones across India by the GATE committee.
What is Gate 2014 ?
GATE 2014 is a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board- GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD),Government of India for admission to Master’s degree programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture as well as for Doctoral programmes in relevant branches of Science.
After pursuing Bachelor degree in engineering, all engineering students stand at the platform to choose their secure and bright career ahead. A majority of engineer opt their career in management or Post graduation (M.E./ M.Tech). A majority of engineering college are not able to give 100% placement to their students as a fresh graduate engineer.
A graduate engineer spend 4 year of time with great sum of money to get Engineering degree in different streams, after the completion of their course they are bound to work in some companies not as their first choice, but to get satisfied their family with their job.
We think cracking GATE is easy if u study for about 3-4 hours a day for 6 months, practice as many questions as possible, concentrate on the subjects which have more weightage and also ask seniors at which parts we can score maximum marks(i know about EC), write as many mocks as possible and rectify your doubts.
Top 15 tricks and tips to crack GATE Entrance exam 2014:
1. First of all everyone should know that practice is key of success so practicing as much as you can.
2. Review all the sections which you have done. And trying to divide all the things into three section first section which is very easy to you, second is bit difficult, and last is difficult for you and then make a plan how much time you to practice each & every section, start with bit difficult part.
3. More practice typical questions but also does not ignore easy too so that you are capable to do all kind of questions in the GATE Exam, also you must have a confidence that you have done this kind of question before so that you take it as easy!
4. Work hard on your weak areas: Now that there are just more than ten months left for GATE 2014, we can assume that you have already started your preparation. By now, you must have identified your strong and weak sections and areas. You have to schedule more hours of study for these sections in order to make them stronger. Try and identify your topics of strengths and weak ones and focus more on weak ones. Be thorough with every exam’s pattern so that when you enter the room you know exactly what you have to do in those two to three hours,
5. Do not waste time in that in which you have problem, Practice those section now in which you are strong you will sure get better result.
6. Discipline & focus is the key: The first condition which you should wholeheartedly follow is that you should be disciplined in your approach. Since there would be no external guidance for you, you will have to be your own driving force. Make a proper time table, which will equally cover all the areas of GATE 2014 and devote equal time for each of them. Be sure that you will be successful in following that. “You should divide your time equally for each of the sections.
7. Ignore the questions which is more time consuming take them to the end if you have time. Also do not attempt question on supposition way.
9. Create a plan for you divide everything which you have.
- Make practice clear every section
- Practice not very clear areas so that it becomes clear areas.
- Also attempt complex section if you found more difficulty Ignore that.
- Collect GATE 2014 Syllabus and exam pattern i.e the structure of the question.
10. Collect GATE Previous Year Question Papers if you find those paper with solution answer keys then this would be good.
11. Make a time table for your GATE preparation. i would suggest you to study both half of the day. And spends 1 half on your weak areas.
12. While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions “What”, “How”, and “Why” and see improvement.
13. Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper.
14. Now go through the details syllabus of GATE. Then check all the GATE question papers, now you can easily calculate your situation.
15. Note downs, which part of that syllabus you are weak, strong or in between.
16. Keep contact with some expert and GATE experienced persons
17. Start from the first chapter:
- Read at least 5 books, it will widen your knowledge(if necessary consult with the books for pre-requisite knowledge or with some expert)
- Note down the probable concepts (definitions, unit, dimension etc.)
- Note down necessary theories, formulae etc.
- Solve problems as maximum as possible (from text books, Guide books etc).
- Think about various tricks in solving problems (if necessary, note it).
- Go for series of self-tests based on this chapter (take other’s help to conduct tests).
- Continue the self-tests until getting a very good score.
18. Collect some model paper/sample paper for GATE 2014 exam.
19. If you can afford then join best reputed Institute/Coaching Center otherwise its ok, not a big deal.
20. If its possible you can give tuitions to other students (its doesn’t mean that you give GATE tuitions only, if you find someone for tuition, whose syllabus is more or less match with your GATE syllabus then go ahead , so your concept will be more clear, and you will learn many thing which you did not learn not during your self preparation.
- Starting 8 – 12 months before GATE exam: Do more of theory in the first few months and just a few practice questions. Make your notes as you learn and your concepts should really be strong. In months 3 and 4 focus on answering GATE type questions. Mark your areas of weaknesses and strengths. In months 5 and 6 work on your weaknesses. Finally in months 7 onwards, start answering more GATE like papers and hone your skills.
- Starting 4 – 8 months before GATE exam: In the first 2 months, do a combination of theory and practice questions. Focus month 3 on taking tests. The remaining months should be spent on taking tests and refining your strengths and weaknesses.
- Starting 2 – 4 months before GATE exam: Only focus on the theory of important topics and practice as many questions as possible in the first month. The remaining time should be spent on building on these strengths and taking 2-3 new topics every week from the other untouched areas.
- Starting less than 2 months before GATE exam: Your focus has to be on solving GATE type questions accurately. Whenever you are unable to solve the questions, refer to the relevant theory and make notes.
21. Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
22. Do not worry if your percentage in university exams is low as GATE admissions do not consider them. Just maintain minimum percentage required by many colleges including IIT’s. Look at GATE Cutoff and eligibility section to know eligibility and cut off of various colleges.
23. Simulate actual test environment: This is very important. The actual test happens in a classroom, and is timed. When you take up the test, switch off your cell phone, have a timer which times your tests, and avoid taking any breaks. Also, if possible, take up a mock test series which enables you to take the test in a classroom environment.
24. Beyond Studies: It is important to study hard and spend few hours daily on preparation but an hour or a half in your daily timetable demands to be just for yourself. Exercise in this time to keep your mind, body and soul fit. Breathing exercises should be included in this regime in order to relieve the stress and be ready for intellectual challenges. Food is also a very important aspect that needs to be taken care of when preparing for entrance examinations. Stay away from fried, fatty and high sugar foods and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
25. Special Tips for Students: Below mentioned are some important tips when deciding what chapter to study on any given day:
- If you have enough time for the exam, pick a chapter you are weak in and one that is important from the exam standpoint.
- Or if you do not have enough time, pick a chapter that you are comfortable, have not practiced enough and that is an important chapter.
- Any day give priority to important chapters if you have not revised them or not practiced enough questions on them.
- If exams are just approaching, leave out any new chapters because it will create a lot of stress and anyway you cannot master it enough for the exam.
- Keep in mind important milestones coming up, like mock tests or school exams, festivals or family functions.
A large number of Civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics engineer are working as a software developer on various platform. They literally spoil their hard learned technical knowledge for the sake of jobs. Although in recent year recession affects are global and jobs are secured in IT based industries. A numbers of vacancies are left in government based organization for fresh engineers like BSNL, UPSC, DRDO, ISRO, ONGC, GAIL, HAL, NTPC and several top PSU’s.